Home Town: Anyang, China
- B.S., Materials Science and Engineering, Northeastern University, China (2007)
- Ph.D., Materials Science and Engineering, University of Science and Technology Beijing, China (2015)
- Postdoc, Materials Science & Engineering department, Northwestern University, Evanston, 2018-2020
- Research Staff, Rolls-Royce@NTU Corporate Lab, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 2017-2018
- Research Scholar, Institute I: General Materials Properties, Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany, 2015-2017
- Excellent Poster Award, IUMRS-ICAM (2013)
- International Symposium on Superalloys Scholarship, Superalloys (2012)
- CITIC-CBMM Nb-bearing Steel Graduate Scholarship (2012)
Research Area: superalloys, microstructure characterization, deformation mechanism, oxidation behavior
Outside of Research: Football, cooking and hiking
- Xue, C.H. Zenk, L.P. Freund, S. Neumeier, M. Göken. “High temperature creep deformation of a Co-base single-crystal superalloy: rafting, precipitate shearing and phase formation.” Philosophical Magazine, 101 (2021): 326-353.
- Long, S.I. Baik, D.W. Chung, F. Xue, E.A. Lass, D.N. Seidman, D.C. Dunand. “Microstructure and creep performance of a multicomponent Co-based L12-ordered intermetallic alloy.” Acta Materialia, 196 (2020): 396-408.
- Zhai, L. Yang, F. Xue, Y.H. Chen, S. Mao. “Defects and their elemental distributions in a crept Co-Al-W-Ti-Ta single crystal superalloy.” Crystals, 10 (2020): 908.
- Wang, F. Xue, X. Li, Y.H. Chen, Q. Deng, A. Li, H. Long, S. Mao, W. Li, L. Yang, Q. Feng, X.D. Han. “Multidimensional microscopic investigation of oxidation-induced hollow cavities in a Co–Al–W–Ti–Ta alloy nanotip by electron tomography.” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 848 (2020): 156243.
- Zhou, H. Fu, F. Xue, Y. Zhang, J. Xie. “Abnormal precipitation of the μ phase during solution treatment of γ′-strengthened Co-Ni-Al-W-based superalloys.” Scripta Materialia, 181 (2020): 30-34.
- Bezold, N. Volz, F. Xue, C. H. Zenk, S. Neumeier, M. Göken. “On the precipitation-strengthening contribution of the Ta-containing Co3(Al,W)-phase to the creep properties of γ/γ′ cobalt-base superalloys.” Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A, 51 (2020): 1567–1574.
- Li, Y. Zhao, F. Xue, X. Yang, Y.H. Chen, C. Wang, Q. Deng, A. Li, Q. Feng. “In situ oxidation analysis on Co-Al-W-Ti-Ta single-crystal alloy in an environmental TEM.” Corrosion Science, 172 (2020): 108725.
- D. Fu, Y.H. Zhang, F. Xue, Y. Zhang, H. Xu, J.X. Xie. “Microstructure and properties evolution of Co-Al-W-Ni-Cr superalloys by molybdenum and niobium substitutions for tungsten.” Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A, 51 (2020): 299–308.
- Sun, A.W.Y. Tan, A. Bhowmik, F. Xue, I. Marinescu, E. Liu. “Evaluation of Cold Sprayed Graphene Nanoplates–Inconel 718 Composite Coatings.” Surface and Coatings Technology 378 (2019): 125065.
- Chen, F. Xue, C. Wang, X. Li, Q. Deng, X. Yang, H. Long, W. Li, L. Yang, A. Li, Effect of Cr on the microstructure and oxidation properties of Co-Al-W superalloys studied by in situ environmental TEM, Corrosion Science, (2019) 108179.
- Sun, A. Bhowmik, A.W.Y. Tan, F. Xue, I. Marinescu, F. Li, E. Liu, Strategy of incorporating Ni-based braze alloy in cold sprayed Inconel 718 coating, Surface and Coatings Technology, 358 (2019) 1006–1012.
- Sun, A. Bhowmik, A.W.Y. Tan, R. Li, F. Xue, I. Marinescu, E. Liu, Improving microstructural and mechanical characteristics of cold-sprayed Inconel 718 deposits via local induction heat treatment, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 797 (2019) 1268–1279
- J. Zhou, F. Xue, H. Chang, Q. Feng, Effect of Mo on microstructural characteristics and coarsening kinetics of γ’ precipitates in Co-Al-W-Ta-Ti alloys, Journal of Materials Science & Technology, 34 (2018) 799–805.
- Xue, C.H. Zenk, L.P. Freund, M. Hoelzel, S. Neumeier, M. Göken, Double minimum creep in the rafting regime of a single-crystal Co-base superalloy, Scripta Materialia, 142 (2018) 129–132.
- Y. Wang, F. Xue, Y. Zhang, S.L. Shang, Y. Wang, J.S. Li, X.D. Hui, Q. Feng, Z.K. Liu, Atomic and electronic basis for the solutes strengthened (010) anti-phase boundary of L12 Co3(Al, TM), Acta Materialia, 53 (2018) 1204–1216.
- H. Chen, F. Xue, S.C. Mao, H.B. Long, B. Zhang, Q.S. Deng, B. Chen, P. Maguire, H.Z. Zhang, X.D. Han, Q. Feng, Elemental preference and atomic scale site recognition in a Co-Al-W-base superalloy, Scientific Reports, 7 (2017) 17240.
- J. Zhou, W.D. Li, F. Xue, H. Chang, Q. Feng, Alloying effects on microstructural stability and γ’ phase nano-hardness in Co-Al-W-Ta-i-base superalloys, Superalloys 2016 (Warrendale, PA: TMS, 2016) 981-990.
- Xue, H.J. Zhou, Q.Y. Shi, X.H. Chen, M.L. Wang, X.F. Ding, Q. Feng, Creep behavior in a γ′ strengthened Co-Al-W-Ta-Ti single-crystal alloy at 1000°C, Scripta Materialia, 97 (2015) 37-40.
- Xue, H.J. Zhou, Q. Feng, Improved high-temperature microstructural stability and creep property of novel Co-base single-crystal alloys containing Ta and Ti, JOM, 66 (2014) 2486-2494.
- Xue, T. Mi, M.L. Wang, X.F. Ding, X.H. Li, Q. Feng, Effects of Ni on microstructural evolution and γ′ dissolution of novel Co-Al-W base alloys, Acta Metallurgica Sinica, 50 (2014) 845-853.
- Xue, H.J. Zhou, X.H. Chen, Q.Y. Shi, H. Chang, M.L. Wang, X.F. Ding, Q. Feng, Improved microstructural stability and creep behavior by Ta and Ti in γ/γ′ Co-Al-W-base single crystal superalloys, Eurosuperalloys 2014, (Les Ulis, France: EDP Sciences, 2014) 15002.
- F. Ding, T. Mi, F. Xue, H.J. Zhou, M.L. Wang, Microstructure formation in γ-γ’ Co-Al-W-Ti alloys during directional solidification, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 599 (2014) 159-163.
- Xue, H.J. Zhou, X.F. Ding, M.L. Wang, Q. Feng, Improved high temperature γ′ stability of Co-Al-W-base alloys containing Ti and Ta, Materials Letters, 112 (2013) 215-218.
- Xue, M. Wang, Q. Feng, Alloying effects on heat-treated microstructure in Co-Al-W-base superalloys at 1300°C and 900°C, Superalloys 2012 (Warrendale, PA: TMS, 2012) 813-821.
- Xue, M.L. Wang, Q. Feng, Phase equilibria in Co-Rich Co-Al-W alloys at 1300°C and 900°C, Materials Science Forum, 686 (2011) 388-391.
- F. Xue, Z.Q. Li, Q. Feng, Mo effect on the microstructure in Co-Al-W-based superalloys, Materials Science Forum, 654-656 (2010) 420-423.